Be a Volunteer
EASY DUTIES AT CHECKPOINTS LIKE TIMING AND WATER TO HIKING MOUNTAINS FOR THOSE ENERGETIC
Not quite interested in racing but want to meet new exciting people in adventure racing? Thinking about racing someday? Want an adrenalin rush while watching others?
We have many areas we need assistance:
- Water stations (giving out water and sports drinks)
- Timing CP (writing down race number and time of each competitior)
- Course marshal - (directing competitors left or right at junctions)
- Emergency rescue - (if you have first aid experience we will put you in more high risk areas on the course or at finish)
- Set up - (lending a hand in setting up of banners to tents and tables and chairs)
- Administrative - (computer work helping send out email to calling other volunteers and arranging meetings)
- Media support - (assisting international media with questions or translation)
- VIP support - (same as media but with VIPs)
- Sweeping - (last person helping out taking down course markings and getting some excersise. Can choose which section)
From easy finish line positions to doing safety or check point timing up in a river gully or on top of a mountain. Up to you.
For upcoming XC Mountain Bike races, Lantau 2 Peaks running race, Action Asia Challenge or Bonaqua Action SPRINTs series all volunteers will receive a cool quick dry singlet or shirt valued at over HK$250 plus drinks from our sponsors and a free entry credit into the next SPRINT/Bike event.
Email us and put VOLUNTEER in the subject headline with your name, tel, email, which race and any prefered areas that you are interested in helping us on.