Event Info 賽事簡介
- *Refer a friend anytime - Anyone (entered this race) who refers a NEW participant (who has never entered any overseas AAE 3-day event before), both you and the NEW participant will be entitled to a HKD600 voucher for shopping at Action X Store. To enjoy the promotion, it is the NEW participant’s responsibility to write down the referral details in the registration form during the online registration. There’s no limit on how much you can accumulate (for e.g., 4 NEW participants write down your details as referee. You are entitled HKD2,400 (4xHKD600) voucher for shopping at Action X Store) T&Cs: NEW participant: who has never entered any overseas AAE 3-day event before including 2008-2019 Mongolia, Lijiang, Kazakhstan, Nepal, etc. Referral details: Name, phone number, email address.
- *If 2 or more sign up same time (within 24 hrs of 1st entry) you will receive an HKD500 cash Action X Store voucher for each person entered as bonus
- For AAE VIP who have participated in 2017 -2019 Oversea 3 day Ultra Marathon, you can enjoy a 15% off discount rate to enter 2019 Nepal Action Asia 3 day Ultra Marathon. Please use this VIP code: 2019NEPAL15VIP when you register online (key in the code before you check out).
NEPAL Action Asia Ultra Marathon 3 day stage
Nov 2 - Nov 4, 2019
60km, 80km, 100km
Trail Running and Hiking Options
For runners & hikers looking for a peace of mind
HIMALAYAN EXPERIENCE - LAND OF THE GODS AND GODDESSES, TEMPLES, PAGODAS, STUPAS, SACRED PLACES. 2019 will see another stunning Action Asia Ultra marathon 3 day stage event with views of the Nepal Himalayas and surrounding peaceful valleys to put you in the zone - NEW stunning different valley of the Gods you haven't been to before or any past Action Asia Events.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred person(s) who you would like to share the hotel with if you haven’t. Hotel accommodation will be 2 per room, but a few rooms are 3 for those that request. Official hotel in Kathmandu is Hotel Ambassador.
Thursday, Oct 31:
- 2 pm onwards can check in to the official hotel (Ambassador Hotel) if you arrive early (email us flight arrival so we can pick you up at the airport on Oct 31). If arriving Oct 30 we also can help with extra room.
- Please email email@example.com your flight itinerary on or before Oct 16, 2019, for us to arrange airport pick up on Oct 31 for you and who if any you would perfer to share a room with as twin bed rooms.
Friday, Nov 1:
- Breakfast at hotel – included in the registration fee
- 7:30am (Exact time to be confirmed) Transportation from official hotel - Ambassador Hotel in Kathmandu to race village venue
- 3 hours bus ride from Kathmanddu to the race village venue (included in the registration fee)
- The bus will stop for lunch on the highway somewhere for dahl or curry) – food not included in the fee
- 4-7 pm –Different restaurant options at race location village to choose Nepali food (fried rice / fried noodle/dahl baht) – not included in the fee
- 7 pm – Race briefing for day 1 course with maps giving out (the course is marked)
Saturday, Nov 2:
- 6 am – Breakfast starts in the main kitchen of the guesthouse (pancakes / oatmeal / coffee / milk tea) – included in the fee
- 7:30 am – Race Day 1 start (60km, 80km, & 100km category)
- 11-5 pm – Lunch served in afternoon – not included in fee but many options Nepali food
- 5:30 pm – 7 pm – Dinner served - not included in fee but many options Nepali food
- 7 pm - Race briefing for day 2 course with maps giving out and results of day 1
Sunday, Nov 3:
- 6 am - Breakfast starts in the main kitchen of guesthouse (pancakes / oatmeal / coffee / milk tea) – included in the fee
- 7:30 am – Race start Day 2 (both 60km, 80km, & 100km category)
- 11-5 pm – Lunch served in the afternoon – not included in fee but many options Nepali food
- 5:30 pm – 7 pm – Dinner served - not included in fee but many options Nepali food
- 7 pm - Race briefing for day 3 course with maps giving out and results from day 2
Monday, Nov 4:
- 5:30 am – Breakfast starts in main kitchen ger – included in the fee
- 6:30 am – Race start Day 3 (both 60km, 80km, & 100km category)
- 9:30 am – 11 am - Lunch served - not included in fee but many options Nepali food
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Buses leave to Kathmandu – included in the fee
- 4 pm - Arrive in Kathmandu official hotel - Ambassador Hotel
- 6 pm – Bar opens in the official hotel - Hotel Barahi and great chance to socialize in some clean clothes after a hot shower
- 7 pm – BUFFET DINNER AT RESTAURANT in official Hotel - included in the fee
- 8 pm – Awards ceremony begins with some photos displayed
Tuesday, Nov 5:
- Email us in advance so we know how many buses at what time to arrange, please. Anyone who doesn’t send us itinerary will have to take taxi themselves to the airport which hotel can book for you quite easily.
- If flying out same day or night we will arrange a bus to take you from Kathmandu airport into Kathmandu where you will be given permission to leave your luggage in the baggage check of Ambassador hotel. Note if you want to use this hotel in day you would have to pay extra as we have only booked it upon you arrival Thurs Oct 31. If enough participants we can arrange a bus to go from Ambassador hotel in evening back to airport around 8 or 9pm as most years at least 60-80 people on the Dragonair flight to Hong Kong. Otherwise recommend taking taxi which hotel can easily arrange for around USD 6.
What's included in the entry:
- Airport car pickup and taken to the official hotel if you arrive Thursday Oct 31.
- Bus transportation from Kathmandu to start race location Friday Nov 1 (3 hr drive).
- Transportation during stage race days and transport of your luggage between race stages (PLAN IS TO STAY AT SAME LOCATION FOR 3 DAYS making it easy on you so you can relax).
- Accommodation for Thursday Oct 31 in Kathmandu official hotel, Friday Nov 1, Saturday Nov 2, Sunday Nov 3 in village guest house, Monday Nov 4 in Kathmandu official Hotel.
- Transportation from finish to Kathmandu, Monday Nov 4 for the awards ceremony at Kathmandu official hotel.
- Breakfast in Kathmandu Friday Nov 1, awards dinner Monday Nov 4 and breakfast Tuesday Nov 5.
- Bus transportation from Kathmandu airport to Kathmandu Ambassador hotel Tuesday morning Nov 5 if needed (other days later responsibility of participant, but easy to get taxi).
- Racing number, pins & souvenir race shirt provided
- Water on the race course (checkpoint every 10km estimate) with fruit and water at finish line each day.
- Medical, Police and staff support with event 3rd party insurance
- Finishers survivor medal
What's not included:
- Room space for friends and family as they must pay just like participants even if coming just to volunteer or cheer you on.
- Optional extra nights accommodation – If you are coming from Hong Kong, the official travel agency can give you quotations.
- Visa & permits for Nepal (can get upon arrival paid in US$) but recommend getting in your home country.
- Trekking permits if needed.
- Food (lunch & dinner) in villages where the race will take place (Food ok in the local village (Dahl Baht, Fried rice, fried noodle) and easy to order, but does take a while to cook - cash in the local currency). Nightmare for the organizer to arrange so this is why not included as easier for individuals to order at village house in small groups.
- Personal insurance- Family, friends, volunteers others who want to come with you - they are treated as a participant in the race and still have to pay the full fee (actually in a way they cost us more as we have to transport them around also)
- Return flight tickets to Kathmandu, Nepal
Visas online - http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
* Action Asia Events reserve the rights to change the offical hotel for accommodation & race location.
Official travel partner to be confirmed.
Cathay Dragon: HKG - KTM , KA104, Wed 30 Oct 2019, 19:00 | KTM - HKG, KA103, Tue 5 Nov 2019, 23:15
Other direct flight option:
Royal Nepal Airline: HKG - KTM, RA410, Thu 31 Oct 2019, 17:50 | KTM - HKG, RA409, Tue 5 Nov 2019, 10:05
Insurance - The event has its own public liability insurance coverage, but we recommend that all participants get their own personal accident coverage to cover any personal accidents.
Medical - As this event involves going into the mountains we recommend all participants to have gone to a medical checkup before the event to make sure you are physically fit enough to handle this kind of physical challenge.