23 Feb, 2019
Official Rules & Regulations
ARTICLE 1: GENERAL
1. Race number to be worn on FRONT of you. Not on your back. Number can NOT be cut or altered and whole number MUST be clearly visible from front.
2. No throwing any garbage of any kind on trail. Anyone caught throwing garbage on trail will be disqualified. Garbage bags at 5 water checkpoints.
3. No pacers allowed and any support crews must stay within 100 meters of water checkpoint only and CAN NOT give drinks, food or any kind of support along course except screaming and yelling of encouragement.
4. No plastic bottle to be taken away from water stations. You must bring your own hydration system or waist hydration belt with water bottle for refill as large water 18litre carboys.
5. Should you drop out you must notify the nearest checkpoint and leave your race number or face emergency rescue costs bill for looking for you.
6. You must stay on marked course and no short cutting is allowed or result in disqualification.
7. Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes after the official start will NOT be allowed on course and will result in automatic DNS (Did Not Start).
8. Any protests must be made within 1 hour of finishing and a collection of HKD200 to process the protest must be paid to finish line Headquarters (same tent as timing) (HQ) at same time of filing official protest.
9. When passing please yell out and give warning to person in front of you "Passing on your left or passing on your right".
10. Please TURN DOWN YOUR MUSIC if listening to mp3, phone or other as be considerate to those around you and for your own safety.
11. Race Director has final say on all matters.
1. Participants should have cash of HKD$100 or octopus card with value over HKD$100 for public transport to make their way back to where there luggage is located in case of bad weather if dropping out on course as no transport back to finish will be provided.
2. A cup or bottle / hydration system for refilling at water checkpoint.
3. Anyone arriving at CP4 after 2:30pm MUST have torch or headlamp (cannot use telephone in replacement) to continue.
1. A minimum of 250 kcal of food as reserve thru whole course.
2. Headlamp if you believe you will be finishing close to cut-offs.
4. Wind or rain jacket.
5. Mobile tel
Race start and suspension, stoppage policy.
1. T8 is up 2 hrs [before] race start. Race cancelled.
2. T3 is up 15 mins before race start, decision to start made on course conditions and other prevailing weather factors eg. TS warning up, lightning. Will base any postponement, cancellation on the key course marshals in various positions on the course and forerunners to provide feedback before the event start.
3. Thunderstorms. If TS warning is in place 15 minutes before the start, the start will be postponed until thunderstorm is cancelled and then restarted at later time in same day. If TS warning goes up during event, then participants will be asked to finish at next checkpoint for the official finish time and then, unless so directed by the CP leader of an alternate race course, the participants will have to make their way back to start/finish where their bags are. Participants should have cash/octopus card - mandatory equipment.
HK 50 series
Trail etiquette / Trail Safety / Eco-friendly vignette scripts
We don’t all run at the same pace.
When you’re on the trail, be aware of faster runners wanting to pass, and keep left where possible. PLEASE KEEP LEFT and PASS RIGHT side when approaching.
If you’re passing slower runners, give plenty of notice and slow down if you have to. Shout out ‘On your right’ or ‘Passing on the right’ to warn them of your approach.
The extra care taken is a small price to pay for keeping everyone safe and happy on the trails.
Music is a great motivator when running whether it’s in training or during a race.
There’s nothing like some great tunes to lift your spirits and keep the pace.
Keep you volume low enough to hear approaching runners, and be aware of changing terrain. When the trail narrows or get more crowded, you may need to turn down or turn off your music just so everyone can share the trail, and run or pass safely.
Plug in, but don’t tune out!
Gels, bars, sweets, bananas … having a snack on the trails is great to keep your energy levels up, but don’t forget to take your trash with you!
We love the trails and we can all do our part to keeping them beautiful and litter-free. Pick up after yourself, or someone else!
Take nothing but pictures, and leave nothing behind but footprints.
4. Recyling / No Cups racing
The average runner uses 3 paper cups over a 5km race.
Over shorter distances and 50k, that’s a lot of cups. Let’s help save the environment racing with NO CUPS. Use a reusable bottle, hydration bag or a foldable cup during a race, and take only what you need.
It just takes a small effort from everyone to make a big difference in the world we live in.
NOTE: Please read this page closer to race week as could be updated with further changes depending on country.
Action Asia Events: Use of Performance Enhancing Drugs and Banned Substances Position Statement:
Action Asia Events (AAE), is one of Asia’s oldest and leading adventure and trail running event organisers, operating in conjunction with the China Skyrunning Association (CSA) which is an associate member of the International Skyrunning Federation (ISF). When entering any AAE event each participant is agreeing to and deemed to have accepted the AAE position statement and policy regarding performance enhancing drugs and banned substances and to adhere to and follow the stated position of AAE regarding use of such drugs. Like many athletic event organisers AAE’s position and policy only endorses and supports clean sport free from the use by participants of banned substances. This policy is applicable to all participants irrespective of their performance level, age and experience who should adhere to the anti-doping rules and banned substances established by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). It is recognised and understood that testing of participants for such banned substances is less widespread and frequent than in other athletic events but the same principles apply as for those other sports and the integrity of the sport, of the participants and their health is of paramount importance.
The following is AAE’s position
AAE event participants should be aware of the anti-doping rules and banned substances established by WADA and on other anti-doping rules and policies.
Each participant in AAE events will be required to acknowledge the AAE position on use of Performance Enhancing Drugs and Banned Substances and agree to and accept the enforcement of this position by AAE.
AAE will not permit any person to enter an AAE event where the person has been banned from competition for a violation of applicable anti-doping rules or policies while the ban is effective.
Once any ban imposed on a person for violation of anti-doping rules or policies has been served or a ban is overturned on appeal or otherwise vacated, a person may enter and compete in AAE events and be fully eligible to receive prize money, awards, podium recognition, or overall or age group competitive rankings at any AAE event.
If AAE determines, at any time, that a participant has competed in an AAE event while banned from competition or is determined to have been in violation of anti-doping rules and policies at the time of such participation then that participant will be disqualified from the event and must return any prize money, awards received at such event.
1. 號碼布必須掛於胸前當眼位置，不允許掛於背後。 不能修改/裁剪/折疊號碼布，編號上的數字必須清晰。
2. 不可在跑道上亂扔垃圾。 任何被發現/ 舉報於補給站以外拋棄垃圾，將被取消參賽資格。 五個補給站處大會將提供垃圾袋。
4. 水站不提供樽裝水 / 水杯，參賽者必須自備水樽、盛載器具或水袋式盛水裝置於補給站補充水。
5. 中途退出之參賽者，須向就近之檢查站 / 終點之大會計時工作人員報到(退出賽事) ，並留下你的參賽號碼，以便大會妥善紀錄，如不按此處理，將可能產生的緊急搜救/ 救援費用。
9. 當你超越速度較慢的參賽者時，請給予其足夠的通知，並減速超過。 向其大喊「右側」或是「右側通過」， 提醒其你正在超越。
1.如在比賽前兩小時天文臺發出 8 號風球預警。 比賽將被取消。
3. 雷暴。 如果雷暴預警於比賽開始前15分鐘到達，比賽將被推遲。 雷暴預警取消後，比賽將在當日晚些時候重新啟動。 如果雷暴預警在比賽期間加強，參賽者則需要在下一個檢查站登記正式結束時間。 除非檢查站人員有其他指示，參賽者則需要回到起點或終點取回行李。 參賽者必須攜帶現金或八達通—必備物品。
4. 循環再用/ 放棄使用水杯
注意: 本頁或將賽事前再次更新/ 加入資料，請留意稍後更新。